The Eyes Have It: Eyebrow Shaping Tutorial
The eyes have it! Eyebrow maintenance is so important to every #BeautySnob's beauty routine. Whether you pluck, wax, or thread...grooming and accentuating your eyebrows can change your entire look and give you an instant facelift. Below are a few steps to achieving great brows:
1. Brush your brows upward, then use brow scissors to snip just the very ends of any long hairs and repeat brushing downward. Trimming the hair before tweezing will reveal the brow shape and remove the weight and bulk so that you can create an ideal shape.
2. Begin by holding a pencil parallel to the side of the bridge of your nose. The inner edge of your brows should start here. To determine the highest point of your arch, place the pencil parallel to the outside corner of your iris. Angling the pencil diagonally from your nostril to the outside corner of your eye will tell you where your brow should end.
3. Mark the spots you just mapped out with a brow pencil, then begin tweezing or waxing accordingly. Remove no more than two rows of hair to maintain a natural effect.
4. Use a light colored powder to highlight your arch bone. Use a darker colored powder on your lids.
5. Use an eyebrow pencil or powder to fill in eyebrows to give a "fuller" appearance. Be careful to not "over draw" the eyebrows. Use short strokes to mimic short hairs, focusing primarily on the outside of the eyebrow and leaving the inner portion as natural as possible.
- If you want to preview a new brow look before you commit to plucking, use a white or taupe pencil (depending on your skin tone) to color over the places you intend to pluck out.
- Beware of over plucking, as too-thin brows can actually age you!
- Nobody’s eyebrows are totally symmetrical. Be careful of using stencils, as they can make your brows look unnatural.
- The hair and brow color should match pretty closely. You may need to mix powders in order to achieve the right color.
How do you take care of your brows? What are your favorite tips/tricks?