Summer Hair Tips: The Beach and Your Mini #BeautySnob
We get a lot of questions from moms of mini naturals about how to care for their child's hair while on the beach this summer. This is never easy. Mini #BeautySnobs aren't as patient as we are to deep condition, hydrate, seal, protect, etc. So we have to develop a routine unique to their needs and their routines.
(1) First things first...always start with a clean, well conditioned hair.
(2) After detangling hair, place hair in a protective style such as french braids or twists. Here, it is better to have a number of smaller sections rather than one (or two) big sections. This will make washing and detangling after the beach session so much easier.
(3) Protect hair by applying SoVAiN Deep Moisture Repair as a leave in while hair is in a protective style. Seal with an oil or butter.
(4) Cut a panty hose stocking to create a stocking cap (remember how to do those??? Cut the legs off and tie the end. The head goes into the thigh part). Please the swim cap over the stocking. This will help prevent the swim cap from tugging at their delicate edges.
(5) After the beach, be sure to co-wash hair in small sections and deep condition. Rinse with an apple cider vinegar rinse. Follow with a leave in conditioner and seal with an oil or butter. Be sure to detangle **gently** and always start from the bottom using a wide tooth comb.
How are you taking care of your mini #BeautySnob's hair this summer? What tips can you share?